Wednesday, October 21, 2009

26 weeks

I meant to put my baby ticker widget on yesterday marking the 100 day countdown but forgot so its now a 99 day countdown. So exciting. Can't wait to meet her but can wait until Jan, no early business.

At 26 weeks I am still feeling pretty good. Its starting to get harder to bend over, roll over and get in and out of bed. On Sunday Colin actually had to help me put my tights on because the first pair I tried to do myself I ripped because I couldn't reach my feet too well. It was comical actually.

I am getting self-conscious because I have had 2 comments lately that refer to me being big. First lady at works says "You're only 26 weeks, are you sure there aren't twins in there?" followed with a "just kidding" (she really wasn't though). Second lady, "Are you expecting any day now?" followed by a "you look cute though" (sympathy compliment). Ummmmm, do I really look that big. Isn't it an etiquette rule not to tell a pregnant women she is too big or too small? Oh well, I blame it on being short and there is nowhere for my baby to go but out.

5 comments:

S said...

Mandy, you don't look that big at all! And you have to think that you're a small girl carrying a baby, it has to fit somewhere along with all your organs!

And you're just getting initiated into the rude comments people make to pregnant women when ALL people should understand that unless you're going to say, "You look BEAUTIFUL" or something else totally positive, you never comment on a pregnant woman's body. You'll appreciate it once the baby's out and other friends complain to you about the same thing, and you'll can say that you've been there, heard that, people are so lame! People also say stuff like that to me and especially to my sister Joanna because she's small like you and has nine pound babies.

Honestly, you look great. Don't let them get to you, we all feel huge and horrible and ugly when we're pregnant. And then you get through it and get this amazing baby in the end and you'll be so supportive to your friends who are going through the same thing!

Congratulations!

And if people weren't so stupid, what would you blog about?!

Mel said...

That's crazy, you don't look big at all! And ditto to everything Susie said. I wish I could be at your shower in Utah- I've been thinking about you and getting some stuff together for your baby girl. Can't wait to meet her!!

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

I think those two people are just jealous. You really do look great.

Nycole said...

People always thought they were complementing me when they said: "Oh my gosh- you are TINY! Are you feeding that baby?". It got pretty old pretty quick, especially when my doctor was telling me I was measuring ahead of schedule every week. I am just tall and have a big torso, so she stretches. Even now I get comments about how I don't look like I'm going to deliver in a week, and it kind of bothers me- I have gained soooo much weight and I feel HUGE! So I hear ya, sister.

Keep it up. And more pictures!!!

Misty said...

Hi, Mandy! So it's been a while since I've had a chance to blogstalk you and I had to catch up on everything I've missed. CONGRATS on the little girl! Little girls are so much fun! :) I love the way you told your family!

I love all of the comments other people make. They really either don't think before speaking or think they're giving you a compliment when it comes out so wrong. You just have to laugh at it or else it will make you crazy. :)

I can't believe you're already 26 weeks...it seems like you were just barely hearing about the Miracle Fund. I'm so happy for you!