Saturday, February 7, 2009

8 months 10 days

While making dinner on Tuesday night Colin called my name. I went in to his office to see him crying and on the phone with his brother. He handed me the phone and told me to talk to Spencer. Spencer then began to read me the letter. The letter we have been waiting for all these months! (We used Colin's mom and dad's house as our mailing address so the letter arrived there and his brother knew what it was so called us) The letter says that we are recipients of one IVF cycle pending a home study visit with a social worker. We called the social worker the next day and made our appt. which is scheduled for March 10th! After he meets with us it could take up to a month for him to get everything back to the committee for the final okay. After that we can start our IVF meds and prepare for the cycle. So we are hoping to start the meds by April and if all goes well do the implantation in May! We are so EXCITED, so GRATEFUL and humbled by the kindness and generosity of others who are willing to help us start our family!

17 comments:

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

Oh my gosh! That is such great news. I had lost hope in the U of U over everything that had happened to you. I am so happy to hear you got the funding!! I'll be following along wishing you good luck the whole way! :)

Nycole said...

VERY excited for you! Congratulations!

Lauren said...

Yea!

Mel said...

That is the best news I've heard on a long time! Wow, congrats you guys. You must be so insanely happy. I'm insanely happy for you and so excited for you to start the process!

Lisa said...

That is great news!!! Congratulations!!

jcm6808 said...

The Lord is so good. You have been patient and obedient and look at how He has blessed you! I wish you the best of luck with IVF.

My husband and I are doing our IVF transfer on April 10th. He is 29 (almost 30) and has CF. He is very sick with the flu and is on IVs right now. :( Please pray for him and our IVF adventure! We will definitely add you to our prayer list. I have been following your blog (got it from Julie) I don't currently have one.

I am soooo excited for you both!!!

Sincerely,
Emily

Misty said...

AHHHHH! CONGRATULATIONS!! That is SO exciting! :D Just one little warning: after we did the homestudy and got the okay, I was all ready to start the cycle, so I called the U the day we got the letter saying it was official...and then found out that the timing was all dependant on my cycle! I had just started, so we had to wait a-whole-nother month to start the meds. It was a major bummer, but it all worked out in the end. (I just didn't want you to find that out the same way I did!) But seriously, I'm SO happy for you two! Congrats!

Christensen's said...

YEAH!!! Such great news!! I can't wait to hear about how things go! It always makes me want to cry when I hear about strong men that cry over things that are so special.

Sara and Dustin said...

OMG Mandy!!! My eyes just filled with tears for you and Colin. I am soooo happy for you and wish you only the best!!!! Congratulations - i wish i could give you guys a big hug!!!

blainebassett said...

Congratulations! That's fantastic!

Melissa said...

Congratulations to you and Colin! We're so excited for you to get caught up to us ;)

Lissy

Graciy said...

That is so wonderful. My husband Joshua has CF and we also are trying to get a grant. it is so awesome to see it happening to real people. Hope everything goes well!

Unknown said...

CONGRATS! This is great news!

Julie said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh I'm so excited for you two, that is amazing! I will continue my prayers!!!!!

JDM said...

What great news!
Matt & I were just thinking about you two and decided to check your blog only to find this!
We are so happy for you!!!
Thanks for keeping everyone in the loop.
If you have any questions feel free to ask. It can be a difficult process..but SO worth it.

With love from the Alvarez family said...

I am so bad I havent checked in your blog for a while. I am so glad for you both. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are so happy for you guys, you'll make awesome parents!

Misty said...

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW! :)