Thursday, June 11, 2009

I have been really sick these last 2 weeks with nausea, exhaustion, and aches. So on Monday I called my dr. because I thought I might have the flu. He had me come in for some blood work, urine analysis and an ultrasound. Everything checked out fine. The ultrasound revealed everything was healthy and well thus the nausea. He said I was just sick with pregnancy, in few words. He gave me a prescription for Zofran (anti-nausea) which has sort of helped but I am still feeling pretty awful.

I got on the scale this morning and discovered that I have lost 5 lbs since being pregnant, ummm not good. Its just so hard to eat. I am praying that when I get to the 2nd trimester (or before) my nausea will subside and I will be able to enjoy food. I feel like I can deal with being tired but not being able to eat is rough.

The last 3 nights I have woken up in the middle of the night starving but the only thing I can eat is a popsicle. So I get up, eat my popsicle, take a Zofran then go back to bed. Not to mention I still have to work and its been really, really rough working a 12 hour day.

Sorry, not to complain this is just a phase and no matter what Colin and I are thrilled to be pregnant. My question is how have women populated the world? I mean the way I feel right now I never want to be pregnant again. Props to you amazing mothers!

We see our IVF dr one more time next week for one more ultrasound before we are transfered over to the OB.

8 comments:

Mel said...

Welcome to the first trimester diet!! I'm always my skinniest at the end of my first trimester, sad but true. Isn't it crazy that it honest-to-goodness feels like the flu? It only did occasionally for me and wasn't as bad as it sounds like it is for you. I know Sheryl had it really bad- you guys should talk because I know she had to take Zofran and was extremely sick her entire pregnancy. I'm sure for you it will pass after your first trimester. Then you'll eat lots of food and gain weight no problem. Don't worry! Your babies will get all the nutrients they need- you're the one that will suffer. :) Love you so much, Mand!

S said...

Mandy, I'm sorry you're so sick! And you have to work twelve hour shifts, that must make it so much worse! I definitely hope it ends at twelve weeks. Maybe it's worse because you're preg. with twins? The way the world is populated again and again, since there's been birth control, is that you forget the week after you stopped being sick, how horrible it was to be sick.

The other day I asked my mother in law if I was this uncomfortable being pregnant last time because I totally couldn't remember. She said I was, so it's good to complain about things so other people will remember for you.

Also, I'm interested to hear how hard it is to stuff two growing babies inside you. I feel like I can barely fit one. But once it's all over, and believe it or not, the nine months will one day came to an end (9 months from now, ha ha) you'll be ready to do it all over again for those cute little kids. I'm excited for you!

Nycole said...

Oh I am so so sorry! I have wanted to comment to your blog for days now, but I have nothing to add! I didn't want to be a brat and share that I didn't get a day of morning sickness, and I have NO idea what you are going through. I gained weight, I ate. A lot. And I wish everyone was like that, but I realize my struggles will be elsewhere. Maybe the rest of your pregnancy will go PERFECTLY!

So, what could you see from the Ultrasound? Baby/Babies??? Can you see a heartbeat yet? That is the BEST!

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

I can now not even think about eggs before 9 am and hot pockets. those two things made me so nauseated when I was prego. I still hate them. You're doing great mandy. Keep eating popsicles. Those were my favorite too.

Janene said...

Keep crackers or whatever in your pockets and nibble all the time. Try different things to drink until you find something that wont make you sick. After I last commented I remember I drank jello water. I know it sounds gross, but when I was little that is one thing parents gave their kids when they were sick. Make jello and then while it is warm, before it sets you just drink it! I ate it with a spoon so it seemed like eating! I lost weight with Alison until I was over 4 months pregnant and I started out under weight. They said she was extra small and were worried but she was over 7 and a half pounds and two weeks early. Dont worry, rest when you can, let your house work go and all will be fine!

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

I'm so sorry to hear you've been so miserable! Maybe you can make a smoothie, freeze it and fake yourself into eating real food because it's a popsicle! :) I hope it gets better!

Graciy said...

does colin drink scandishakes? If so they might be a good way to get some of the stuff your body and baby/babies need. I hope that you start feeling better soon so you can enjoy being prego.

anonymous said...

I ate everything I craved while nauseas and that made the nausea go away, or subside. I craved Spaghetti Oh's (haven't eaten them in 20 years) and told Ben I'd barf if he didn't buy them. As soon as I ate them I felt better.

Good luck!

--Cat