Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Full Circle

During my 1st trimester I had nausea 24/7 for about 10 weeks. I lost weight, I couldn't eat much but I did form a friendship with ckn flavored ramon noodles. Now here I am, blogging at 40 weeks (okay 39 6/7 weeks) and the only thing I want for dinner is ckn. flavored ramon noodles! Good thing I bought a whole case at Smith's case lot sale for $3 so I have plenty on hand (yes, disgusting I know, food that cheap can't be good for you). Coming full circle like this must mean I will go into labor any minute now, right?

I had my 40 weeks doctor's visit today. Still only dilated to a 2 and 50% effaced. A little bummed, was hoping for at least a 3. Mama and baby are well. Baby has a strong heartbeat and is moving a lot. I have a great blood pressure, my urine is free from sugars and protein and my swelling is actually going down a little bit.

I think because we did IVF and my day of conception is EXACT my doctor doesn't want me to go past 41 weeks. So I am scheduled for an induction on Feb 2, 2010 which is 2 days prior to 41 weeks. We decided on Feb. 2nd instead of Feb 4th out of conveince since my mom is driving down from N. Dakaota and since I am sick of being pregnant. I kind of feel guilty for getting an induction, like it is selfish on my part and maybe I should give it the full 41 weeks but since its only 2 days sooner I am rationalizing that its okay. I hope she comes on her own before than though just because natural labor is more desirable.

I officially started my 12-weeks maternity leave. What will I do until she comes? I guess I'll go to the library and get myself a good book. I have already read Babywise cover-to-cover and plan on following it. Any suggestions?

parents in waiting!

cute daddy-to-be!


My budda belly! 40 weeks (39 6/7 weeks to be exact)



the almost complete nursery. I still need to hang all the accessories (pictures & shelf), order the rug and my mom will be making the cushions for the glider when she gets here.



10 comments:

Mel said...

Awww, those pictures made me happy. You and your cute tummy, the nursery, Col. I love it all. I hope the baby comes before your induction date so you can stop being pregnant! You'll be holding your cute girl in your arms so soon. I wish I could be there!

S said...

Hey Mand, Your nursery looks adorable! I always thought that it would ruin it if I chose the day the baby came, but then once they all got there, it didn't really matter. And Feb. 2 is a good day so then her birthday is 02/02/2010 and easier to remember. Also, I tried babywise and it just didn't work for my babies and I wanted to burn the book. Then I got "Healthy Sleeping habits, happy baby" and it worked a lot better because he covers all types of kids. So if you love babywise, then that's great! If you don't, I'd totally try that book. Good luck and only a few more days! Yay!

kathryn clara said...

love the chandelier!! It looks super cute. We are all excited and ready for baby. Ill make her a birthday cake on her birthday! Love you sis.

Mel said...

Oh yea, I was going to tell you, too that Leah was the perfect Babywise baby- it was like written for her. But then with Anya and Ryan it stopped working when they were 3 months old. You can always pick up the other one if it doesn't seem to be working.

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

The nursery is beautiful.

How exciting to have a date picked (unless she has other plans and comes earlier) :).

Good luck! Can't wait to see her!

Mama Coons said...

The 29th is a perfect day, it's Alyssa's birthday! Plus it's a Friday and everyone will have the weekend off to come visit you!!!! Mindless, absorbing novels, this is the key to making it through the last days...of pregnancy that is! Babywise will be there to read later, right now you need a mental vacation!!! Can't wait to see her!

Mel said...

Happy due date, Mand! Hope you can celebrate and enjoy!

Brittany said...

Babywise was great for me. I highly recommend it. I also like Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, but I thought Babywise was much better for the first three months. Good luck. You'll be a great mom.

Mel said...

Mand, I'm in love with your nursery. I've come to look at these pictures a few times and can't get enough of the minty walls, white furniture and curtains, chandelier and those dark wood floors. I think it's beautiful!

IVF - CANCUN said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts ....Great post and informative
ivf mexico