Sunday, January 24, 2010


On Thursday morning, Jan21st (39 weeks exactly), Colin and I were headed to SLC. The roads were awful with slick, slushy snow. Cars were driving 20 mph. It was scary. Next thing we know we got side swiped by some car who hit the side of the car I was on then spiraled out-of-control in front of our car and hit a police car that happened to be at the side of the road responding to an accident. It all was very slow so the impact of her car on us was VERY minor. It just jolted us a tiny bit - not a big deal. However it messed up the side of our lovely new car - so sad! Anyway, we spent 1 1/2 hour dealing with all the paperwork etc. I then called my doctor's office and they told me I had to come in for observation for 4 - 23 hours depending. They don't take any type of trauma lightly, which I am grateful for. We went home, packed our bags for the hospital figuring they might have to deliver me, made arrangements for Jonas and headed back down the mountain. The roads were better by then.
We spent 5 hours in the hospital and our baby was doing great. She wasn't in any distress whatsoever, so grateful for of course. I was dilated to a 2 and 60% effaced but not having many contractions. My doctor, who I love by the way, said he was looking for any reason to deliver the baby but just couldn't find one so he had to send us home. We were really hoping to have a baby that day but our little girl was and still isn't quite ready to make her big debut.

Last night, after a 12-hour shift, I was driving up Parley's Canyon and it was the worst road conditions I've ever seen, even worse then Thursday morning. Praying 100 mph that I would be able to at least make it to Park City safely, hands death griping the steering wheel the whole time I made it home! It was a very stressful drive as you can imagine which made me start having a lot of contractions. I had contractions for 1 -2 hours then went to bed and slept a GREAT nights sleep. Sadly I woke up with no contractions! I have had a few here and there this morning but nothing consistent! Darn it! haha

My doctor said he will induce me this coming Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat or basically anytime I want but I am going to wait it out as long as I can. I am thinking I will schedule an induction for Feb 1st, 2nd or 3rd if she doesn't come by next Sunday. She gets one more week. By then she will be over 40 weeks. I am hopeful that my body & baby will do their thing when they are ready and hopeful it will be sometime this week so I don't have to be induced.

God has been watching over us so much this week. So much worse could have happened and we are all safe and well. So grateful!


susie said...

Sorry about the accident and your car! And you're going to have a baby so SOON! Soon for us, not for you. Good luck! I'm so excited for you!

Brittany said...

I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see pictures of your cute baby girl! I'll be praying that you go into labor naturally. Good luck with the next few weeks.

Mama Coons said...

I find myself checking your blog every day to see if our little girl has sorry that you've had the stress of the weather and a car are in my and joyous delivery!

Mel said...

I'm glad you guys are ok after that accident. It is SO hard to leave the hospital like that with no baby but I'm glad you and the babe are okay. I am trying to think back to when I was overdue to what someone could have said to comfort me and even though you're not even overdue yet, I know you're so ready. So, there's nothing I can think of that's comforting so I'll just say love you and hope it all goes well, Mand! And I will NOT say some annoying thing like "Have you tried eating spicy Chinese food?" That made me want to kick people.