Tuesday, January 5, 2010

36 5/7 weeks

Our little girl will be here any day! Its crazy and SO exciting! We made it through the holidays and now we are just hustling around getting everything finished and our home in order. I have a doctor's appt tomorrow so we will see whats going on, if anything.

As I have mentioned before we tore out all of the carpet in the upstairs and have been installing new floors and baseboards. It's looking beautiful. All the floor is installed besides the office and Colin has finished the baseboards and paint in the nursery.
our living room with the new floors

As far as the nursery goes we still need to get the curtains up, the area rug ordered, the bed made, and the glider painted. Colin and his parents painted the nursery last week. It is a perfect celery green color, very light but looks beautiful with the thick molding and dark walnut floors. I changed my mind about the bedding again (only the 3rd time) but finally found some pink floral bedding that I adore. I took the price tags off so I can't change my mind anymore. I have all of her clothes and blankets washed and put away. I still need to get the wall hangings up and accessories in.

I am running out of steam but the nesting instinct is strong. I have a long list of things I want to do - organize the pantry, organize all the holiday boxes, deep clean the bathrooms, organize the tupperware drawer, pack the hospital and diaper bag etc. We'll see how much I get done with me working still but I at least want the house in order before I go into labor.
Colin putting some paint colors up, it took me 7 different paint colors before finally deciding on the color her room is now



36 1/2 weeks - Colin took these pictures before our last date as non-parents. We went to Orem and ate Five Guys and Fries and saw Sherlock Holmes.



4 comments:

Nycole said...

Everything looks gorgeous- the house, her room & you! I am so so so excited for you guys! The last 8 weeks have been the very best of my life, and I can't wait for you to experience it all! Hope all goes well as I'm sure it will! Keep me posted!

Andrea Hale said...

Wow, your house is so pretty! I love the furniture in the baby's room, I bet it's coming together well and looks beautiful! I am so excited for you! You look so cute by the way! I hope you and Colin are well. Take it easy and don't stress about the Tupperware! :)

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

I think I go into nesting phase the entire time I'm pregnant. Your house is so cute. Great colors and I love the nursery furniture. You guys did a great job. Your almost there!

kathryn clara said...

i love how jonas is almost every picture! my little puppy pie! the floors look fabulous!