Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Merry Christmas!


If any you are even still reading this...I can't believe that it has been 2 months since I last posted! Sorry. Honestly it is because I have nothing to post about. Colin spoke with the coordinator for the scholarship committee sometime in November and she said she was hopeful that the committee would meet by the end of the year. Now it is 2 weeks away from being the end of the year and we have not heard anything. We turned in our application 6 months ago. We are fine and really there is nothing we can do except try to focus on other things and enjoy all the blessings we do have. We've been busy with getting our house in shape, working, spending time together, getting ready for Christmas etc. There are many things in life that we have control over but with this issue it is completely out of our control and in the Lord's hands. There is nothing more we can do but wait. Although I wonder "when?" very often, I do have faith that the Lord knows best and will provide when the time is right. I am grateful for this Christmas season and wish you all the very happiest and best! I hope to have more exciting news during 2009! Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Emily and Aaron Carter said...

While you wait to hear from the board, I am waiting to hear from you on their decision. I can't believe it has been 6 months of waiting and they still haven't met yet. It's true that it's up to Him and when the time is right, it will happen. Can't wait for you guys though!

Mel said...

I can't believe they still haven't decided! Goodness, it will be in no time hopefully.

With love from the Alvarez family said...

All in good time! Waiting will be hard but it will happen sooner than you think! Continue to have faith in the lord, he will bless your family. We always keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Good luck!

Christensen's said...

You guys sure have been patient. I am so glad to have you as a support in our wait as well. It has made all the difference having you in our lives! You are such a positive friend and offer positive support!