Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sunday morning lab draw

Well day 3 didn't fall on Christmas, instead it fell on today, Sunday. Colin was with me because he came to pick me up from work. I just got off of my night shift (3rd night in a row and so exhausted) this morning and went to the lab. They were closed but I was able to page the lab techs from the inpatient units to come draw my blood. They could not find my order from the clinic even though I called on Monday and the lab had it then. So they paged the on-call doctor to get the order. When the on-call doctor called he said he could not give an order for me but to call one of the docs from my clinic. I was worried that none of the doctors would be on-call on Sunday but luckily one of them was able to call and give the verbal order for me to get my FSH and estradiol taken. It took 1 hour (which really should have been 15 minutes) to get it all sorted out but I wasn't about to wait another month! Sigh of relief, that is done! Once they get my results we go back to waiting.
As I sat in the lab this morning with Colin I was so excited for the new year to come as we continue to embark on this IVF road. I am hopeful the committee will meet shortly after the new year and continue to pray that we can be chosen as recipients. We are so ready to start IVF!

4 comments:

Emily and Aaron Carter said...

What a relief that you were able to get it done this morning! Waiting another month would have been awful-and what if the committee met in the meantime? We are keeping our fingers crossed...

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

3 nights in a row. Ouch! Sounds like you are on a hard shift right now as is my sister-in-law. I can't wait to hear what another month has in store for you guys.

Mike and Leslie said...

What is the Miracle Fund? I too am a post IVF patient, and would love to get some kind of funding for IVF.

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

Hi, my name is Shannon and my husband and I just completed an unsuccessful attempt at our 1st IVF cycle. I had an ectopic pregnancy that I'm still in the process of ending with medication.

We're also looking into the U of U after our failed attempt with Reproductive Care in Sandy.

I'd love to see a success story for you! I'll check in from time to time to see how things are going. Best of luck to you!!