Monday, August 31, 2009

potty, insomnia, hunger

Every night, without fail, I wake up around 3ish am to use the potty. Most of the time I can fall back asleep but sometimes I lay awake for an hour or two thinking. I am not usually thinking about anything all that important. For example, the other night I was thinking of what treats I am going to make to hand out to our neighbors this year for Christmas. Should it be cookies, toffee, carmels? How will I present it? I need to make cute name tags, maybe my brother can help me?

This morning I was thinking about the nursery and how I will decorate it if its our little boy verses our little girl, among other trivial things. Things like my grocery list, what I should make for dinner this week, Design Star last night etc. Then after an 1 1/2 hour of this my stomach dragged me up to put some food in it. Now here I am, 5 am, blogging about my insomnia. What has my life come to? At least I don't have to work today. And at least I have my faithful puppy who crept out from under our bed, followed me into the kitchen while I ate and is now sitting on top of my cold feet while I blog. Thankfully Colin is sleeping, since he does have to go to work today.

I am not sure if its being pregnant and super excited to find out what we are having and to have this baby in general but my mind is churning turbo speed lately. I am anxious to get my house in order, the nursery started, I have inspiring ideas for what goals I want to accomplish in the next few years etc. I am overwhelming myself to be honest. ADD? Pretty sure I don't have ADD, never have, but it sure feels like it these days. I suppose its that our lives are changing so I am a little unsettled or something.

Anyway, bad news. My ultrasound is not until Sept 9th, a week from this Wednesday. It was supposed to be this week but because my doctor is only in clinic on Wed. and I have to work this Wed, my appt had to be pushed back 1 week. 9 more days.

2 comments:

S said...

Mandy,
I understand about insomnia posts. Like half of mine while I'm in later stages of pregnancy our insomnia posts. I think it's a hormonal thing or something. It's horrible, though!

Mel said...

Now that you're into the feeling good part you want to nest and get things done! The insomnia just gets worse, but also better. Then worse again. It's kind of a luck of the draw.

I can't wait to hear next Wednesday!