Wednesday, July 15, 2009

12 weeks


Wahoo! I made it through the 1st trimester! I am hoping that any day now I will wake up and feel hungry, enjoy food, be un-nauseous, not feel like I have the flu 24/7, have energy to walk my dog AND go to a class at the gym AND cook dinner, be able to open the fridge without holding my breath so I don't inhale the stench (even though to Colin it doesn't stink) and have the motivation to shower and get dressed (out of my pjs) EVERYDAY. Am I asking too much?

There is this cool website that compares the size of your baby to produce at Baby Center. I am not sure how scientifically accurate it is but its fun regardless. This week our baby is the size of a lime! I sure feel like he/she is bigger than that considering I have constant pressure on my bladder and have to use the potty all the time, even in the middle of the night (at least x2). So cute though. It was only a few weeks ago our baby was the size of a poppy seed. They really do grow fast, what a miracle it is!

I tried to listen to our babies heartbeat last night with my stethoscope. I got really excited when I heard a heartbeat and ran to Colin saying "Come here, come here, I can hear the babies heartbeat". After listening closely again I began to think that it sure sounds slow for our babies heartbeat and realized I was hearing mine! Oops! I guess we can't hear it with a stethoscope until at least 20 weeks! It was pretty funny.

What have been your experiences with taking Unisom and B6 to help fight nausea? I think it has worked a little but makes me way to sleepy all day long so I stopped taking it to see what happens. I am just curious how its worked for others.

4 comments:

Mel said...

I can't believe you're 12 weeks, how exciting!! It's not too much to ask for those things, except maybe the gym class. You'll find you're so much weaker it takes a lot to get back into exercising but I'm sure you will do it (I never do). Hopefully you've already started to get a little better but you just don't notice because a little better is still sick so it's hard to notice. I didn't notice until I realized one day I thought of 3 different things I could've eaten for lunch, then a week later I ate something I could've never imagined eating a couple weeks earlier. It's so gradual...then you'll be able to eat anything but still feel really sick afterwards, then you'll feel totally better in the nausea dept. but still be utterly exhausted, then finally you'll feel AWESOME! At least that's how it is for me, others might be different. :) You've hit a big milestone, congrats. It's weird that you're only 18 weeks behind me. That means that 2 weeks before I have my baby you'll be halfway done and know what sex your baby is. That's so cool! Alright I'll stop talking now.

S said...

Mand, I never used any medicine for nausea but I have this one ray of hope to offer for you. I have completely forgotten that I was ever pregnant and uncomfortable. All I can think about is my very cute little baby. I could get pregnant again tomorrow (except my uterus was too thin). One day, this will all be over and you'll forget in a second.

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

Hooray for 12 weeks! I hope you start feeling better soon. That would be a long 9 months otherwise!

It's amazing the growth your little one is going through right now. From a poppy seed to a lime...what's next?!

That's funny about the stethoscope. It will be fun to hear at 20 weeks. At least for now you know you're still alive even after all you've been through. :)

Sheryl said...

Mandy-I took Unuisom and B6 for 2weeks all during which time I just watched myself throw up more. The one that worked best for me was Phenergen (I took the generice form which name I no longer remember) and it made me tired but it worked great. I tried Zofran too for a little spurt, and it seemed to be fine except it gave me horribel migraines. The Phenergen made me tired-so I just took half of my prescription strength and took it an hour or two before I was going to bed. I really feel for you with the sickness thing. You just have to picture that little baby everytime you are sticking your face in the toilet, and it really does help. Good luck! It doesn't last forever-even though you would swear it does.