Thursday, July 23, 2009

13 weeks

We are plugging right along. Last Wednesday I felt like I was on my death bed and sat in bed crying, more like bawling, for 1 hour straight to Colin until I was interrupted by lots and LOTS of throw-up. After that I felt SO much better. And gradually over this past week I have felt an improvement. It isn't huge but I am feeling better and for that I couldn't be more grateful! I still don't love or enjoy food but I can eat more and tolerate things much better. I also took Jonas on a walk yesterday and had energy to go to the gym (even if I was only on the precor for 20 mins at very low resistance). Thanks to my friend Mel for the good advice about gradual improvement, its really true.

I am happier this week about life in general, its amazing how feeling better can change your attitude. I am pretty sure Colin is a happier man too since I haven't complained as much. And although he hasn't gotten a lot of home cooked meals in a while he hasn't complained one bit, good man.

2 weeks until our next visit with the doctor. We can't wait to hear the babies heartbeat.

3 comments:

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

I'm so glad you're starting to feel better. Hope it continues! :)

With love from the Alvarez family said...

Poor mandy! I am so sorry that you are having such a rough time. I hope you feel better soon!

Misty said...

Just remember it's worth it! Glad you've had some good days to offset the bad. Good luck! ;)