Monday, July 6, 2009

You thought he was sleepy!

Oh so sleepy! Seriously I don't know why I never knew that pregnant women got so sick, so nauseated and so sleepy! Either no one has ever told me or I just was never listening. I need a nap everyday (don't get ones on the day I work but still NEED one). And as soon as my head hits the pillow I am out for a good 2 hours. I used to hate naps pre-prego life, thank goodness for them now. And even with sleeping in until 9 or 10 am and taking a long afternoon siesta I am ready for bed by 9:30 pm.

My poor husband works all day and comes home to a sick, sleepy wife. Had it not been for my mom staying with us these last 3 weeks he would have had no dinner at all, no folded laundry, no watered plants, no cleaned house, you get the idea. So glad my mom has been here, will be sad when she leaves. My post-mom-staying-with-me plan is to stock up on quick and easy meals (any ideas are welcome), and clean one room each day of the week, except the kitchen will get cleaned mostly everyday (probably by Colin).

Our next dr.'s visit isn't until Aug. 5th and I don't even get an ultrasound that time, so sad. We are still working on getting our dvd posted, sorry its taken longer than originally anticipated. Thanks for all the tips, advice and support.

5 comments:

Mel said...

It's a lot different to experience it than to hear about it, that's for sure. :) Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be back to normal in a few weeks. Until then, hopefully Coli can be okay with making his own dinners! (I'm sure he is). That's one thing a pregnant sick wife should not have to do. I have a friend who'd still make dinner for her family every single night even though she'd never ever eat even a bite of it because she was so sick. Ridiculous if you ask me. I made dinner maybe once a week until I was 14 weeks.

And I'm the same way with the nap thing. I really dislike naps but took them every day my first trimester; now I'm down to just a 1/2 nap 2 out of 3 days or so. It gets better! You're awesome, Mand. Rest rest rest- that is your profession on your days off from your actual profession. Don't you dare touch that laundry unless you feel like it!

S said...

I was talking with someone at the park about how I'm horrible at cooking dinners while I'm pregnant and two other ladies overheard and chipped in that they were like that, too. As far as easy meals, frozen pizza with some frozen vegetables! That's how I do it.

And welcome to the life of pregnancy and onward where you're like, "Okay, why didn't anyone ever tell me that?!" And then you realized people had been talking about it but you just never really got it until you went through it. And labor pains are AWFUL! I feel like no one warned me. They're the worst pain I've ever gone through and I didn't find any beauty in it. There's nothing to romanticize about it, it's your body expelling somethign that's way too big. But I didn't get to go through the whole thing. Glory be, they weren't giving me my pain medicine fast enough. I'm sure we'll all have more warnings for you in the time to come!

Mama Coons said...

My life from those days is a blur... But sleeping and napping is what you do to survive, even post baby. Forget life the way you knew it, those days are over...fatigue rules!
Thank goodness for moms!

Julie said...

You know the funny thing is that in another month or so you won't be so tired anymore, and then at the end of the pregnancy you will want that baby OUT and wonder how women get pregnant more than once.
and then a funny thing happens....you forget all about it and are ready to to it again a short time later LOL. I'm so happy for you guys!!!!!!!

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

That's so miserable to be so tired, especially when you're working full-time. Lucky your mom has been there. Maybe she'll make some meals and freeze them so you'll have real food after she leaves! :) Any extra money for a housekeeper too?? :)