Thursday, July 2, 2009

10 weeks and...

no more shots! Wahoo! Tuesday was my last progesterone shot! I am so glad to be done with those. I think they exaggerated all of my pregnancy symptoms so hopefully the nausea, dizziness and exhaustion will ease up a little. Plus my bottom can finally heal from all the bruises and I will actually be able to lay on whatever side I want at night! ahhh!

On July 1st (yesterday) at exactly 10 weeks we went in for our first OB visit. Our IVF dr. still wanted us to see the multiples dr. at least once to see how everything was looking and to make sure baby A would not be in any danger. As it turns out he was not concerned at all. He was a great dr and answered all of our questions and concerns. Best of all he is keeping us as patients and told us he is not limited to multiples. So we are excited because we have heard only rave reviews about him. We also got to see our little one on ultrasound. It was so cute to see his/her little hands and feet wiggling around. We got it on dvd and I keep watching it over and over. Its just so cute to see him/her swimming around! And we saw the heartbeat really well. Ahhhh! Our baby is an inch long! Incredible! Thank goodness for those moments because it really makes all the nausea, exhaustion and overall yucko feelings worth it!

So I know its early but my mom convinced me to get some maternity pants and shirts and you know, I am so glad I did. My belly is already bigger and my regular clothes are all tight around the tummy. Those clothes are just comfortable. I think its a combination of all the IVF meds that made my ovaries huge and take longer to come down to normal size once pregnant, carrying 3 for 2 months and bloating. How about you? When did you start showing?

As soon as Colin gets home tonight we'll post the dvd of our little swimmer.

8 comments:

Nycole said...

Yay! So happy for you! The day I got rid of all my shots was the best day ever! Unfortunately I still have no feeling and remote pain in my hips, but hopefully that is just my problem! I wore maternity pants right away, too, because I was really bloated. They were just way more comfortable. And I started showing a TINY bit at 12 weeks. Now I'm a tank! Good luck and congrats!

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Maternity clothes are comfy. Enjoy shopping. Target is great. I can't wait to see the video.

Mel said...

That's all so exciting! How fun to see your little baby moving around and stuff.

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

I'm glad to hear your shots are over! I still have numb spots on my hips from the projesterone. Those things are nasty. I hope it helps you to feel better.

I'm glad you have a good doctor and that things are progressing well! I'm excited to see your little swimmer!

Rod and I are still contemplating going to the U of U. We're really trying to move to Seattle...but we can't find jobs so we may have to stay here for a while longer. We're still a little undecided but good to see it worked for you!

theodoreable said...

I started showing at about 10 weeks. The problem is that I never stopped showing...whilst Cina has. It sucks! Have a great 4th of July

S said...

Mandy, your body has been through so much with all the hormones, yikes! I'm glad you're through with all that aspect of the hormones. Hopefully your body can settle down some. Some maternity stretch pants are my most favorite item in the world!

Janene said...

It was a long time between updates! Yeah, glad things are going well. I think that shorter people show earlier - less room, don't worry, you are "growing a baby" as Teresa says, a big job! Take it easy this summer!

anonymous said...

I started showing at 12 weeks. My students even noticed. I had a baby 7 months ago and I still look like I'm 20 weeks pregnant.
--cat