Wednesday, April 29, 2009

2 down 5 to go

Monday was the first day of the 3 shots (Lupron, FSH, Repronex). I take them all at 1 pm everyday so I happened to be at work on the first 2 days of the shots. On Monday I locked myself in the bathroom and set all my stuff up on the little shelf (after I wiped everything down with sani wipes) and began to prepare my concoctions. It took me a solid 15 minutes (took half of my lunch break) to get everything ready and give the shots. I cut that time by maybe 1 minute on Tuesday. Let me just say it is so awkward to be standing in the work bathroom, with your stomach revealed giving yourself shots when people keep rattling the handle to see if the bathroom is unoccupied. Gotta love it I guess! Thankfully I have the next 3 days off and I can give the shots in the comfort of my own home.

The Lupron and FSH shots are simple and painless. However the Repronex hurts! The first Repronex shot left a red welt the size of a quarter and was so painful and tender. The second shot hasn't left a red welt but it is still tender. The med stings when going in. I am a little on the bloated side but other then that I feel great (just tired from working 2 12's in a row).

5 more days until I go in for my ultrasound on Monday to see if I am ready for the retrieval. I am hoping they will say I am ready on Monday because that will mean I get the retrieval on that Wednesday. Colin starts his new job a week from the the ultrasound and I want him to have optimal recovery time from his biopsy before he starts his new job, poor guy! But it is more likely that the egg retrieval and biopsy won't be until Thursday or Friday in which case I hope it is Thursday.

Thanks for all of your comments and support it is so HELPFUL and reassuring. You are all a huge comfort! It is definitely a crazy experience and now that I am 2 days into the stimulating hormones and feeling great I am a little more relaxed.

By the way Colin's birthday is tomorrow. His parents are taking us all to see WICKED! Wahoo, I can't wait. A much needed fun distraction! I'll let you know how it was.

2 comments:

Christensen's said...

Hopefully the rest of the week goes by fast so that Monday will be here for your ultrasound! Good luck, I hope things will be ready sooner rather then later in the week! Good luck!

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

The sacrifices you make...giving yourself shots in a public restroom! It will all be worth it in the end. :) Still wishing you good luck!