Friday, April 3, 2009

Its time...

On April 1st (of all days huh) I went to the mailbox to find a letter from the UCRM. I tore it open before I even got to the house. The first word I saw was "Congratulations". The rest of the letter informed us that we got the IVF grant and we are approved to start our ivf cycle whenever we are ready! We are so excited, relieved, grateful! Thank you, thank you, thank you to whoever was kind enough to donate their resources so that Colin and I can start our family! This is truly the greatest gift that we will always be grateful for! I called the clinic this morning and am just waiting to hear back from them about getting my hormone medications. We are planning on starting next week! More to come.

11 comments:

Mel said...

That is so exciting and amazing! I can't wait to hear all about it!!! You guys deserve it and we will be praying for you. When does that mean you'll be implanted, do you know?

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Wow! I'm so happy for you guys and excited! That's just such great news.

S said...

Congratulations Mandy! That's so so so fun for you guys. I'm so glad Colin is out of the hospital and things are a little less stressful for you guys. I've been wanting to tell you this, but I don't want to ruin anything for you. We got a dog like five months before we had a baby, and ever since we've had the baby, we wished we hadn't gotten the dog. Except the one time I do appreciate her is when I'm home alone at night. And she's a pretty good dog. I'll be interested to hear what you think. Mandy and Colin are going to have Molin! or a Candy! Molin if it's a boy, then?

Nycole said...

SO STOKED for you guys! Yaaaaay! Keep us posted!

Lisa said...

Congrats!!!

Mama Coons said...

I have you both in my heart!

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

Yeah! Congratulations! Your real journey begins. Good luck!!

Misty said...

Yay!! SO excited for you guys! Good luck!!

jcm6808 said...

YEA!!! Love from one CF wife to another! I can't wait to hear the details! My husband and I did IVF in December, but we are waiting to do the transfer another time. GOD IS SOOO GOOD!

Sincerely,
Emily

Shauna said...

Congratulations, that is so awesome! Love from New York cousins.

Janene said...

Yeah. My sister-in-law Michele (Lance's sister) has a daughter who was successful with this procedure (with a donor egg.) She has two little ones. Our prayers will be with you.