Monday, May 18, 2009

the waiting period

7 more days of waiting and wondering. I would say this is the hardest part of the whole IVF process at least emotionally. I am analyzing every little thing that my body is doing and wondering if it means I am pregnant or not. Even though I am trying to distract myself with my book, work, cleaning the house, walking the dog, preparing for singing time in primary next week, designing the wedding cake I am making in August, dreaming of opening a candy shop with Colin, my mind is always wondering and my heart always hoping that I am pregnant.
I have read all about it on the internet. The only real change that I've noticed is mild cramping. I am slightly more hungry but other than that I feel pretty normal. My ovaries are still a little tender from the IVF process but they are feeling better too. If there are any tips you can send my way to get through these next 7 days I am all ears. How to survive the waiting period?

8 comments:

With love from the Alvarez family said...

i dont know of any tips because I always did the same thing lol! I just tried to keep busy. I would of aready been taking all of the dumb tests already lol hoping to find out! Nach and I are praying for the pregnacy for you guys! Hey is your phine number still the same I tried to get ahold of you?

Mindy said...

I have a great suggestion- you should come over to our house and play!

Mel said...

How excrutiating! This must be absolute torture for you, I cannot imagine. Usually there are no changes this early, Mand, so I'd say just try not to analyze and somehow, through sheer will get through the next 7 days! Try to keep busy and surround yourself with people. It will go slowly no matter what but at least around people your mind can be momentarily taken off the subject.

Lisa said...

Thinking of you!

Nycole said...

I wish! I am so sorry, but there is nothing that can take your mind away from this- it is your entire existence right now. All I can say is that I know EXACTLY what you are going through, and despite how you feel, it will be over soon. Sunday is the day, right?

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

The 2 week waiting period is absolutely the hardest. I did the very same thing. Analyzing everything.

I wish I had some magical advice - I know how hard it is to keep your mind off of it! Keeping busy helps a little - you find that you don't think about it as often. Happy thoughts your way...and may the next 7 days (now 6 I think) go at warp speed for you!! :)

Graciy said...

I just wanted to stop by and tell you guys that you are in our prayers. My husband and I have been following your blog for a while now. My husband Josh also has CF but we are unable to do IVF because I am a carrier.

Unfortunately I have no advice. We did IUI and I went nuts during the waiting period. In the end it's all up to heavenly father. Just keep smiling!
it's all up to heavenly father

Team Aephoria said...

Almost there...it will be exciting to know that it works and when the twins are born :)