Sunday, May 10, 2009

We got a call yesterday from the embryologist. He told us that of the 12 eggs they got only 10 were mature enough to fertilize. Of the 10 they fertilized, 9 took. Thats 90%, not bad! So as of yesterday we have 9 little embryos. Its amazing and mind boggling to think that we have 9 little Thomas's. :) He said that the 9 were growing and dividing well so they will do a day 5 embryo transfer (day 5 has better pregnancy success than a day 3 transfer). We will get a call tomorrow to schedule our embryo transfer on Tuesday morning.

We are very excited. Just thinking about our little guys constantly, sending them "grow strong" thoughts. Its hard to think about anything other then them. Somehow every conversation goes back to them.

Much love and thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers!

5 comments:

Mel said...

Oh my gosh this is insane! I have been in awe the last few days since your egg retrieval, thinking about how awesome this is. It is really amazing and it's so great there's 9 little growing almost-fetuses of yours out there! Amazing. I hope Tuesday goes well- I'm sure it will.

sarahm said...

They only transfer 2-4 back into correct? Can I ask what happens to the other 5? Chad and I have been thinking about this but I have been wondering about this. Thanks

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

That's wonderful news! You did great! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that they all continue to thrive. Hooray!

Mindy said...

This is really exciting! I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you!

jcm6808 said...

Nine is a GREAT number! Congrats!

~Emily