Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Results are in...

WE'RE PREGNANT!!!!!! We woke up first thing Sunday morning and headed down to SLC (45 min drive) just to get a blood draw. Then we turned right around and headed back home to get ready for church and lead primary singing time.

The whole time, during primary, we sat nervously waiting for the phone call from the clinic. At 11:30 am, just as I was getting up to start singing time Colin ran out of the room. Talk about nerve-wracking. All the while I am leading singing time and wondering why he is taking so long, if it was bad news and he didn't have the heart to come back in yet etc. Well a few minutes later he comes back in, while I am still leading singing time, and gives me this look. It wasn't a happy, excited look, no smile involved, just a somber look. So I am thinking "okay, deep breath, we're not pregnant, deep breath, keep a smile on until after primary". I just wasn't ready to accept bad news until I heard the words out of his mouth because in my heart of hearts I knew I was pregnant. Then when I was done leading singing time we sat down together and I wrote on a post-it note YES or NO. He responds with giving me a piece of paper he took notes on while on the phone with the clinic. It said hcg 546, make 6 week follow-up appt. with Dr. Jones, look for OB etc. We both were in shock, happy and utter shock. Yes this was the initial goal but now it is the beginning of a whole other journey and we are excited. Colin's somber look from earlier was him realizing he is going to be a dad and he was a little overwhelmed. Needless to say we are so excited and so grateful to God for hearing and answering our endless prayers. Thank you for all of your support, prayers and thoughts.

Next step, appt in 2 weeks with IVF dr for viability scan (to see how the embryos are growing), then we will be referred to a regular ob dr. from that point. It's crazy to think but I am 4 weeks pregnant (even though the embryos are only 2 weeks old), they count from the first day of your last menstrual cycle. I will continue the daily progesterone shot until July 1st (only 34 to go?).

14 comments:

Mel said...

Yay! I couldn't be more excited for you both!!! I always think it's nice that when you find out you're pregnant, you're already a month along. That's just such good news.

Lauren said...

That's great! Congratulations!

Lisa said...

Congrats!!

jcm6808 said...

I am sooo happy to hear this news!!! Keep us updated!

~Emily (wife to Jake with CF)

Sonja said...

So exciting!!! Congratulations to you both!!

Steve, Meghan, Elena, Sebastian, Ariana said...

Congratulations!!! Colin will be a great dad as well!!

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you guys! :) I was so hopeful that it would be successful. What wonderful news! Hooray!

Christensen's said...

Congratulations!! This is so exciting! I was waiting to hear how things went for you guys! We are so excited for you guys!! How exciting! I am excited to hear how things progress. Good luck.

Nycole said...

SO SO glad to hear the great news- CONGRATULATIONS! I am unbelievably happy for you two- what a blessing!

Janene said...

Yeah! I am glad for you.

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH! That's so great guys! Congrats.

S said...

Yay for you guys! Candi and Moli, here they come!
That's a joke.
I was worried that you weren't because you didn't post it right away, I'm glad I was wrong.

Mama Coons said...

So exciting, I will keep you, Colin and the babies in my prayers!

Misty said...

Hooray! I'm so excited for you two! Please keep us updated! Good luck with the progesterone shots...only a month left! :)